This ad is expired.
Operations Assistant, Tutoring and Learning
Thank you for your interest in Truckee Meadows Community College. If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact Human Resources at (775) 673-7168 or email@example.com.
Provides day to day coordination of the activities of the tutoring and learning center; schedules, and oversees the work of the tutors; participates in recruitment, selection and training of tutors; participates in development of the tutoring and learning centers activities and procedures. Develops and maintains the tutoring and learning centers schedule of tutoring, supplemental and embedded instruction. Provides training to the tutors on how to access online tutoring schedules, meetings, and time sheets. Assists with statistical reports and provides necessary data to the TLC Program Coordinator upon request.
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
2. One year experience in tutoring services.
3. One year experience of scheduling and payroll.
1. Master's degree from an accredited institution.
1. Provides training to the tutors on how to access online tutoring schedules, meetings and time sheets.
2. Verifies accuracy of the monthly payroll of tutors.
3. Schedules the use of tutoring center space for various activities' collects data for program evaluation, measurement and verification activities' researches, collects data and prepares a variety of participant and program activity reports.
4. Participates in tutoring and learning training and meetings.
5. Participates in the selection of tutors. Investigates tutor concerns regarding tutoring services, schedule of hours and makes suggestion and referrals to the program coordinator.
6. Helps organize and present class visits and workshops that will assist students with academic success strategies. Updates the tutoring and learning centers webpage.
7. Helps promote tutoring and learning services. Other duties as assigned.
8. Other duties as assigned.
9. Maintaining sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic background of community college students, faculty, and staff.
Minimum $43,281. Placement is dependent on education and experience.
In the Resume/Cover Letter section of the application each of the following must be attached.
- Cover Letter
- Current CV/Resume
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. Search committees will use this information to determine that applicants meet minimum qualifications as listed in the job announcement.
This posting will close at 12:00 am on the date listed above. The posting will no longer be available to apply to after 11:59 pm the day prior.
All documents, including unofficial transcripts for academic positions, must be received prior to the closing date listed on the job announcement.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check upon hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TMCC-External/job/TMCC---Truckee-Meadows-Community-College---Dandini-Campus/Operations-Assistant--Tutoring-and-Learning_R0126411
Truckee Meadows Community College is a comprehensive educational institution located in Reno, Nevada and is part of the Nevada System of Higher Education. TMCCs five instructional sites and numerous community locations serves an increasingly diverse population of more than 11,000 students each semester. TMCC, an HSI (Hispanic Serving Institution), is a progressive institution that celebrates inclusion and diversity while supporting core themes of academic excellence, student success, and access to lifelong learning.
A vital leader in the New Nevadas growing economy, TMCC is located near the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains in an environment rich with a thriving arts, culture, food scene, abundant outdoor activities, and a family-friendly local community. It is only a 3.5 hour drive to San Francisco, CA, a 40-minute drive to Lake Tahoe, and within easy driving distance of four national parks (Great Basin, Yosemite, Lassen, and Death Valley). For more information, please go to www.tmcc.edu or view our virtual tour at tour.tmcc.edu.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency