Lead Math Mentor, Case Academy: Bridge to Calculus
About the Opportunity
Case Academy: Bridge to Calculus is a six-week summer program for students from the Boston Public Schools who intend to take AP Calculus in their senior year. The Program is looking to hire math teaching assistants/mentors with prior teaching experience to work in person at Northeastern campus from 7:30 -10:30 a.m. to assist with this work. There will be roughly 1 hour of meetings per week as well and additional duties from time to time.
Lead Mentors will work in the classroom assisting the teachers and working with students. They will also be a resource and help other (new) mentors.
- Monitor and record attendance and maintain, distribute and organize material .
- Provide support to teachers and leadership regarding curriculum and student struggles, accomplishments.
- Circulate in the classroom to help students one on one and in small groups.
- Help maintain learning environment and question center positive culture.
- Provide feedback to teachers, leadership and students
- Attend meetings/trainings with leadership and teachers
- Help write reports and make recommendations at the end of the program.
- Conduct lessons/mini-lessons where needed.
- Help organize events, especially for Friday lecture series and project products.
- Help leadership with program evaluation.
- Senior mentors will help with collection and quality of products.
Aptitude and Qualifications:
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Willingness to work with teachers and leadership team
- Prior teaching experience, priority given to BtC successful past experience
- Highly developed personal integrity and leadership skills
- Punctuality and responsibility
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse range of students and colleagues
- Strong sense of accountability and responsibility/reliability
- Passion for urban education and an unwavering belief children are deserving of a high caliber education
- Sense of humor, positive attitude, and willingness to work in a collaborative environment
- Math classroom/teaching/tutoring experience a plus
- Solid math content knowledge
- Positive, flexible and problem-solving attitude
- Willingness to learn more and share experience
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Boston-MA-Main-Campus/Lead-Math-Mentor--Case-Academy--Bridge-to-Calculus_R105999
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-38009cef7722d145b5ce5191cd0ef16b