Florida International University is Miami's public research university, focused on student success. According to U.S. News and World Report, FIU has 42 top-50 rankings in the nation among public universities. FIU is a top U.S. research university (R1), with more than $200 million in annual expenditures. FIU ranks 15th in the nation among public universities for patent production, which drives innovation, and is one of the institutions that helps make Florida the top state for higher education. The Next Horizon fundraising campaign is furthering FIU's commitment to providing students Worlds Ahead opportunities. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers, and supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA, with more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. The university has awarded more than 330,000 degrees to many leaders in South Florida and beyond. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
Endowed Diversity Mentor Professor/Faculty
The Endowed Diversity Mentor Professor Chair at the Chaplin School of Hospitality will develop and teach courses concerning diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as other areas of hospitality management.The finalist will be expected to mentor undergraduates and graduate students and to participate in departmental, college,and universityprogramswith the Office to Advance Women, Equity & Diversitythat promote the goals of FIU's NSF ADVANCE Institutional Transformation grantits Faculty Diversity and Inclusion Plan, the Division of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (https://dei.fiu.edu), and programs and curricula that provide educational, research and professional development opportunities for our diverse student body. The faculty member also will develop and implementdiversity, equity and inclusion initiatives within the School that support FIU's diversity initiatives. The Endowed Chair will work collegially and individually with our community, both inside and outside of FIU, to improve the climate for and reality of equality, dignity, inclusion and belonging.
Minimum educational background:
- Master's degree required, preferably doctoral degree in hospitality, business or related field.
- Background and experiencein diversity, equity,and inclusion initiatives and the hospitality industry.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Develop and teachcoursesfocused on DE&I at FIU and in the hospitality industry.
- Advocatefor curriculum change tocreate a culture of equality, dignity, inclusion and belonging.
- Advise astudent club, such as National Society of Minorities in Hospitality.
- Establish, direct and monitor a mentorship program for Chaplin School's minority students.
- Lead CSHTM's alliance proposal to create public-private partnerships in DE&I with other units in FIU and otherUniversities.
- Conduct DE&I-focused research
- Affiliate with the Office to Advance Women, Equity, & Diversity faculty team as part of the annual assignment to participate in initiatives concerning inclusive excellencetraining, unitdiversity, equity and inclusion plans and reports (including supplier diversity), and other programs, as well as to develop networks with other faculty that are engaged in diversity work across campus, including African and African Diaspora Studies.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply to Job Opening ID 522906 at https://facultycareers.fiu.edu/ and attach: 1) a cover letter that specifies yourinterests and qualifications; 2) curriculum vita; 3) statement of teaching interests; and 4) statement of contribution to/evidence of diversity mentoring (guidelines available at: go.fiu.edu/diversitystatement). Candidates will be requested to provide names and contact information for at least five references who will be contacted as determined by the search committee. To receive full consideration, applications and required materials should be received by March 9th, 2021. Review will continue until position is filled.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency