Director of FLIGHT Mentor Center
The Director of the FLIGHT Mentor Center, in coordination with a Faculty Advisory Board, establishes and manages the daily functions of both a virtual and physical center dedicated to training and supporting an array of mentors to support undergraduate students' progression to graduation. The Director oversees the center as well as training initiatives. The position reports to the Director of the Teaching and Learning Center.
This is a Title V funded position expected to be institutionalized at end of grant period if objectives are met.
This position is considered a "Responsible Employee" under Title IX federal regulations and "Mandatory Reporter" under Texas state law and the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy. As a Mandatory Reporter, this position requires you as the employee to promptly report any incident that you witness or receive information about Title IX violations. These reporting responsibilities are set out in the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with faculty, administrators and students.
- Ability to plan, develop and conduct training modules for students and faculty.
- Excellent oral, written and technical communication skills.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft products.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University the Conference and the NCAA.
Masters Degree in Counseling, Humanities, Social Science, Business or related field.
Required Work Experience
- Five (5)+ years of experience working in a multicultural higher education environment, especially with Hispanic students in academic support services and/or mentoring programs.
- Experience in program development and management.
- Experience in coordination and supervision of personnel.
- Experience developing, planning, and conducting training with faculty and students.
- Experience with Banner and CANVAS LMS.
- Familiar with Title V grant objectives.
Required Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
Mon thru Fri 8am to 5pm, with extended hours on occasion to meet departmental needs.
- Ability to move across campus and into buildings and classrooms.
- Ability to utilize a computer and monitor for extended periods.
Posting Number: AS1522PO
Job Category: Administrator (exempt)
Desired Start Date: 10/17/2022
Position End Date (if temporary):
Reports To: Director of Center of Teaching and Learning Center
Salary: Competitive for a private university.
Open Date: 08/30/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
This is a Title V funded position that will be institutionalized at end of grant period if objectives are met.
To apply, visit https://jobs.uiw.edu/postings/20222
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, pregnancy, and religion (except in limited circumstances when religious preference is both permitted by law and deemed appropriate as a matter of University policy).
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-98d20ff90cae474e9c490493fc578948