This ad is expired.
Assistant Director, Mentor Tech
Mentor Tech Operations
Performs varied and complex administrative duties in the management and coordination of a large specialized project and/or program. Requires independent judgment and application of established policies and procedures. Works under general supervision with evaluation based on overall results obtained.
- Provide leadership and vision for the Lauro Cavazos & Ophelia Powell-Malone (Mentor Tech) Mentorship Program and collaborates with the Director to implement the standard for attainment of goals and objectives.
- Hire, train, supervise and develop assigned full-time, part-time and student staff.
- Recommend, develop, and implement policy and procedure in compliance with the university and division in order to ensure effectiveness, efficiency, and safety of operations.
- Implement and utilize effective data collection, analysis and reporting systems to demonstrate program outcomes and to inform decision making.
- Support the Director in maintaining the Mentor Tech Budget, Budget Reporting, and Annual Budget Preparation Activity and to ensure accuracy and compliance with university and division policy and guidelines.
- Chairs the Faculty, Staff Mentor Cluster Leader (MCL) team to including, coordinating monthly meetings, agenda development, and professional development curriculum.
- Oversee Mentor Tech signature experiences such as but not limited to: Mentor Appreciation Month, Networking Reception, and the Spring Fling.
- Oversee the training, professional development, and recruitment of student, staff, and faculty volunteers within Mentor Tech.
- Research, develop, and facilitate programs for Mentor Tech participants, with a focus on marginalized, underserved, first-generation, and low-income students, in order to support student success, retention, and graduate efforts.
- Research, develop, evaluate, and assess strategic initiatives for recruiting targeted program participants and collaborate with university partners to facilitate outreach efforts.
- Collaborate with the Transition & Mentoring Programs leadership team to align policy, procedure, and programming that supports intersecting students using a unified cohesive team model.
- Collaborate with division and university partners to develop intentional programs that support student success and retention efforts.
- Represent DDEI at university recruitment events, resource fairs, and other tabling experiences including: Red Raider Orientation and Red Raider Roadshows.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in the area of specialization or closely related field. Three years of related administrative and technical experience. Additional job related education may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Master's Degree in Higher Education or a related field
- Minimum of one (1) year directly supporting diverse student groups at the college/university level; with a focus on under-served, first-generation, low-come, and/or bipoc students
- Experience utilizing student development theory to guide college/university level program development, implementation, and evaluation
- Experience in developing, coordinating, and implementing university-wide experiences using a collaborative model
- Experience leading and motivating volunteer groups in order to meet goals and objectives
- Experience building community partnerships; program development, coordination, and implementation
- Experience supervising and or advising students or student groups at the college/ university level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicants race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency