This ad is expired.
ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP) SCORING
Experience and Skills
AP Reader eligibility requirements:
AP Readers from colleges and universities must be active faculty members and have taught at least one semester of a comparable AP course — as described in the AP Course Description — within the past three years*.
Graduate students and part-time or adjunct faculty may be considered for appointment, as long as they have taught at least one semester of the equivalent course within the past three years. There are no degree requirements.
High School Teachers – Course Audit Approved (CAA)
All current AP course authorized high school teachers who are actively teaching their AP subject are welcome to apply regardless of years of experience.
For High School Teachers Only: AP Course Audit information: https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/courses/ap-course-audit/about
* African American Studies Additional Note:
▪ High school teachers who are not teaching AP African American Studies but have at least three years of experience in courses that incorporate African American Studies or African American History will be considered.
▪ Active college faculty teaching a course in African American Studies/Africana Studies/Black Studies or African American History or a course that incorporates elements of these fields will be considered.
*Computer Science Principles Additional Note:
▪ All CSP applicants must specify which programming languages they have expertise in as part of the application process.
* Precalculus Additional Note:
▪ College faculty must be active faculty who teach Precalculus, College Algebra with Trigonometry, Calculus, or a mathematics course for which one of these courses is a prerequisite.
▪ Current AP Calculus or AP Statistics Readers who are interested in switching to AP Precalculus, please contact APReader@ets.org.
* Research Additional Note:
▪ College faculty must be active faculty members and teach a course specifically focused on scholarly research skills and methods or one in which students undertake a research paper employing an explicit methodological approach. Faculty who provide undergraduate research opportunities and mentor students are also encouraged to apply.
* Seminar Additional Note:
▪ High school teachers who are not teaching AP Seminar but have at least three years of experience in courses specifically focused on critical thinking and communications will be considered.
▪ College faculty must be active faculty members and teach an interdisciplinary course, teach within an honors program, or a course specifically focused on critical thinking. Faculty who have taught undergraduate seminar courses are also encouraged to apply.
Supporting Documents for Application
All applicants must submit a current resume and teaching syllabus or course audit approved letter from the College Board. If a syllabus is submitted, it must include the instructor's name and contact information.
Your syllabus must contain elements that align with school/district guidelines. It is not required to be as detailed in its learning objectives, but it must have a regular schedule of assignments and assessments.
Note: Course Audit Approved (CAA) high school teachers with a College Board course authorization letter can submit this letter, in lieu of the syllabus, to complete the application process. [Sample] (PDF)
ForAP Art and Design Reader applicants– It is recommended, but not mandatory, that you upload JPEG images of your artwork along with your syllabus and resume.
Previous Applicants Only: If your application has been approved within the past six years, please do not reapply. AP Readers will score student responses at Reading sites and from home. All onsite Readers must be able to work at the Reading for seven consecutive days. Readers scoring from home can work flexible schedules during the 7-day Reading period but must attend mandatory training on the first day of the event.
Scoring outside of the United States is not permitted. All Readers participating in online scoring must perform their work within the continental United States, Hawaii, Alaska, or Puerto Rico. Readers must have the authorization to work for remuneration in the United States.
Temporary Work Authorization
Limited work visa sponsorships are available for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States.
Technical Requirements for Readers Scoring Online from Home
The following minimum PC requirements are necessary in order to use the ETS ONE network:
To use the ETS ONE and RM applications and LMS, you must have:
▪ A PC (NOTE: tablets are NOT supported)
Your computer must meet the following minimum requirements:
▪ Windows® 8 or higher
▪ macOS® 11 (Big Sur) or 12.0 (Monterey)
▪ Chrome OS (Note: tech support for Learning Management System courses is not available for Chrome OS users)
Browser (last two major releases)(NOTE: Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge are currently unsupported)
▪ Chrome® (Windows, macOS, Chrome OS)
▪ Firefox® (Windows, macOS)
▪ Cookies must be enabled
▪ Pop-up blocker must be disabled
▪ Acrobat Reader® 7.0 or higher must be installed
▪ Acrobat Reader® add-on/plug-in must be enabled
▪ Local storage must be enabled
▪ The ONE and LMS applications are best viewed at a screen resolution of 1400 x 1050 or higher
▪ The minimum screen resolution is 1024 x 768
▪ Non-Video Scoring in ONE:
◦ General use of this application requires an internet connection speed of at least 2 Mbps.
▪ Video Scoring in ONE:
◦ Video scoring in this application (i.e., within AP CSP) requires at least 5 Mbps internet connection speed.
▪ To run a free speed test on your computer, go tohttps://www.speedtest.net
Some antivirus software may create issues in accessing the ONE website. The URLs below need to be added to the exclusion/exception list of your antivirus app:
When hired into the AP pool of Readers, on a quarterly basis ETS will share information regarding you and your role at the AP Reading with College Board. This information will include your name, employee identification number, current AP Reading subject, last position held at the Reading, last Reading date, total number of years you have participated in the Readings in Reader and Leader roles, your institution name and address, your primary and secondary email addresses, and your teaching retirement date (if applicable for your subject). In addition, ETS may disclose your personal information to certain administrative or processing services, such as printing, mailing, and payment processing. ETS will not disclose your personal information to other third parties without your written consent, or compulsion of the process.
For additional information, e-mail APReader@ets.orgor visit Frequently Asked Questions
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Women and Minorities.
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE is a Drug-free workplace.
To apply, visit: https://etscrs.submit4jobs.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=85332.viewjobdetail&CID=85332&JID=78006¬es_id=3
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency